Friday, August 21, 2015

Persuasive writing

We have heard that Hastings City Council are going to build a Countdown on Pakis Paddock. OH! NO. I have written my opinion on weather or not I want a countdown built on the paddock. Here it is:
                                     


Dear Hastings City Council, I strongly disagree with a countdown being built on Pakis Paddock at Parkvale school. My reasons for this are;

Pakis Paddock is very sentimental to our school, it represents a teacher who worked here for 42 years! Her name is Ray Paki, the field was made after her so that we will never forget her.

 Secondly, All the pollution and rubbish from the countdown customers will go into our school and that can lead to health issues for the students here at Parkvale. It can also destroy our wonderful environment and rot the wood on our playgrounds.

Lastly, if you build this countdown, then where will the people park their cars? Also it will mean x10 more traffic and there is already enough traffic in the morning and afternoon do we really need more? Too much traffic can lead to a lot of trouble and the students here can get badly hurt and so can the drivers.

So those are my reasons for you to NOT build a countdown on Parkvale School. I really hope you have enjoyed listening to my reasons.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment