Thursday, June 23, 2016

Matariki workshops (◕‿◕✿)

In school we are learning all about the Matariki Moari New Year. In celebration to the New Year and the culture, we decided to create workshops, and we were given options. Before we started our workshops we were asked, if we wanted to, to create mural of the school for the workshop. I created one and it was all about our spring and how it feeds into our school river. If our art got chosen it would get hung up in front of the school forever! I was delighted when I realized that mine got chosen! Here is a photo of it when it was painted!
My amazing art painted by another class
My art was painted by a different class, however I chose mural art as my workshop so we painted a different mural. Here are some photo's of me and my peers painting our mural:
Me and my classmate Beau painting the mural

Me and our mural art group all painting the mural together
Something that challenged me was being very careful and staying inside the lines when I needed to paint our trees.
The learning muscle I stretched was my noticing muscle because I noticed when my painting was outside the lines and I needed to fix it up.
Matariki was really enjoyable for me and it was very exciting when my design was painted!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Charlotte hi its me Lily glad to here the great news I liked how you described all the features and other your art piece
    looks AWESOME, AMAZING ENTHUSIASTIC, WONDERFUL.
    And when you maybe go back to the school you will see your art right there keep up the great work Charrlotte! :)
    from your AWESOME friend Lily Kim yr 7 at Hastings intermediate.

    ReplyDelete